We have provided quick reference guides below for updating your federal documents (passport and social security) as well as driver’s license/state ID and birth certificate in each of the 6 New England states*:

*We will be adding more detailed reference guides for RI and VT soon. In the meantime, the links above take you to information for each state from the National Center for Transgender Equality.

Still have questions? 

If you run into trouble or have questions about these guides or the process, fill out the form below or contact our legal information helpline, GLAD Answers.