The digital communications intern works as part of GLAD’s digital team to plan and share content and engage with the online community in order to meet GLAD’s public education, outreach and marketing goals.
- Work with the Department to produce fully integrated online and offline campaigns
- Maintain GLAD’s editorial calendar
- Track analytics for website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Share insights on digital communications trends
- Understanding of all aspects of digital communications and social media
- Quick to learn new things, particularly on the technical side
- General management and communication skills
Application and Funding
Internship opportunity is full or part-time and is unpaid. Where applicable, can be done for academic credit or as part of a fellowship program. Hours are flexible during business hours; we request a minimum of twelve hours a week.
The application includes a cover letter, résumé, and work samples. Submissions should be made electronically to James Barden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line (e.g. “Fall 2017 Internship”). The deadline is rolling. Applications are accepted until the positions are filled. Due to the high volume of resumes, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender persons, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.