The Transgender ID Project is a free resource for transgender people living in New England who want to update their legal name and gender marker on state and federal documents.

Updating your New Hampshire state ID documents

In most cases you do not need to work with a lawyer to update your name or gender marker on ID documents and can typically update these documents fairly easily on your own. The New Hampshire Quick Reference Guide has the information and materials you need to get started.

ID Project Guide button

Updating your federal ID documents

You can skip directly to our federal resources here:

Additional resources

  • ID Documents Center: The National Center for Transgender Equality’s resources hub for name and gender marker change information.
  • GLAD Answers: GLAD’s free and confidential legal Infoline can provide you with legal resources, information, assistance, and referrals.

YouTube video

Still have questions?

If you run into trouble or have questions, fill out the Transgender ID Project support form or contact GLAD Answers.