The Transgender ID Project is a free resource for transgender people living in New England who want to update their legal name and gender marker on state and federal documents.

Updating your Connecticut state ID documents

In most cases you do not need to work with a lawyer to update your name or gender marker on ID documents and can typically update these documents fairly easily on your own. The Connecticut Quick Reference Guide has the information and materials you need to get started. Click here for the guide.

ID Project Guide button

Updating your federal ID documents

You can skip directly to our federal resources here:

YouTube video

Still have questions?

If you run into trouble or have questions, fill out the Transgender ID Project support form or contact GLAD Answers.