January 17, 2023
Thanks to our community’s incredible support, GLAD secured some critical wins last year, and our work continues in 2023.
Your generosity has enabled us to:
- Fight book bans and school censorship laws that seek to erase history and limit what students can learn and teachers can teach about LGBTQ+ people and more
- A federal court just ruled that New Hampshire can’t dismiss our suit against the state’s dangerous “banned concepts” law. Our fight continues!
- Act to ensure that the religious views of a business owner can’t be used to deny medically necessary healthcare to transgender employees
- Support our right to seek services at public businesses without being turned away because of who we are
- Protect marriage equality by defending against potential challenges to Obergefell and passing the federal Respect for Marriage Act
- Work for equal opportunity to build our families by eliminating discrimination in fertility care coverage and updating state parentage laws so that they are legally protected and respected
- Stop anti-LGBTQ+ legislation already being filed this session, like an extreme New Hampshire bill (HB 619) which would eviscerate protections against conversion therapy, ban gender-affirming care for minors and force public schools to misgender transgender students in all respects from names to bathrooms to sports.
- Challenge an outdated federal law that denies essential healthcare for transgender loved ones in military families
- Ensure that people’s bodily autonomy is respected – whether that’s access to abortion, other reproductive healthcare, or transition-related care – and those who provide them with that care are safe from targeting or criminalization
- Increase access to HIV PrEP by allowing people to obtain it for a limited supply at a pharmacy without a prescription, and ensuring that cost is never a barrier to HIV prevention medication
- and so much more
We are so grateful for our community, whose support and collaboration enable us to keep moving forward against the continued onslaught against LGBTQ+ rights and freedoms. To ensure we can rise to every challenge ahead, make a gift today!