The Massachusetts Alliance for DCF-Impacted LGBTQ Youth
The Massachusetts Alliance for DCF-Impacted LGBTQ Youth is a statewide network of advocates, youth, and allies working to address the state of emergency facing LGBTQ youth involved with the Massachusetts child welfare system.
Alliance members keep each other informed about policies, research, legislation, and issues arising from lived experience and the field. We work together to provide information, organization, and advocacy for changes needed to best support DCF-impacted LGBTQ youth.
Forms and resources:
- Report from the Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth: LGBTQ Youth in the Massachusetts Child Welfare System,
- GLAD: LGBTQ Youth in MA’s Child Welfare System Are in Crisis
- DCF Gender Affirming Medication Consent Policy
- Area Office Request Form: Gender Affirming Medication Consent 2021 (note: clicking this link will automatically download the Word document to your computer)
- DCF Provider Request Form: Gender Affirming Medication Consent (note: clicking this link will automatically download the Word document to your computer)
- DCF LGBTQ Liaisons Guide
- Affirming Medical Providers in Massachusetts
- Resource: Family Acceptance Project
*DCF stands for the Department of Children and Families