Calling Party for the Equality Act
Thursday, September 16 2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
About the Event
Join GLAD, NCTE, and BAGLY for an evening of phone banking on September 16 to build support for the Equality Act!
Call voters in target states where Senators have not yet pledged to vote for the Equality Act. You’ll be asking them to leave a message for their Senator, and connecting them to the lawmaker’s office directly using a simple webpage. The process is simple to learn, the script is easy to follow, and getting folks pumped up about this critical legislation is fun!
JUST IN: Senator Elizabeth Warren will be joining us to kick off the phone bank with a special message!
Never done a phone bank before? It’s simple and straightforward:
- Join us on Zoom for a short training, and we’ll stick around in case you have any questions
- You’ll use a simple website that will connect you to voters without showing your phone number
- You’ll have a script that includes what to say and helpful responses to potential questions
- Connecting with the community and allies across the country can be fun and energizing!
- If you happen to be connected to someone who doesn’t support the Equality Act, tell them to have a nice day – and just move on to the next call
To sign up:
- Fill out the registration form below (select GLAD in the “Organization” menu)
- Confirm your shift when you get the confirmation instructions