Calling Party for the Equality Act
Call voters in target states where Senators have not yet pledged to vote for the Equality Act. You’ll be asking them to leave a message for their Senator, and connecting them to the lawmaker’s office directly using a simple webpage. The process is simple to learn, the script is easy to follow, and getting folks pumped up about this critical legislation is fun!
JUST IN: Senator Elizabeth Warren will be joining us to kick off the phone bank with a special message!
Never done a phone bank before? It’s simple and straightforward:
- Join us on Zoom for a short training, and we’ll stick around in case you have any questions
- You’ll use a simple website that will connect you to voters without showing your phone number
- You’ll have a script that includes what to say and helpful responses to potential questions
- Connecting with the community and allies across the country can be fun and energizing!
- If you happen to be connected to someone who doesn’t support the Equality Act, tell them to have a nice day – and just move on to the next call
To sign up:
- Fill out the registration form below (select GLAD in the “Organization” menu)
- Confirm your shift when you get the confirmation instructions