Video: The Massachusetts Parentage Act Can’t Wait
All families in Massachusetts deserve to be recognized and protected, no matter how they are formed.
To close out Pride Month, the Massachusetts Parentage Act Coalition hosted a special conversation about a critical piece of legislation that would provide powerful protections for children of LGBTQ parents, and beyond.
The Massachusetts Parentage Act (S.1133/H.1714) would ensure Massachusetts parentage law protects all children no matter their parents’ gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or the circumstances of their birth.
- Kate LeBlanc, Resolve New England, Executive Director
- Patience Crozier, Senior Staff Attorney, GLAD
- J. Shia, Massachusetts parent
With remarks from State Senate Assistant Majority Whip Julian Cyr.
- Massachusetts Parentage Act
- Submit testimony in support of the MPA
- Share your experience with the state’s discriminatory parentage laws
- Find your lawmakers and urge them to co-sponsor the bill
- FAQ about the legislation
- February 2021 Webinar
- FAQ: Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage
Massachusetts is the only New England state without comprehensive statutory protections for LGBTQ parents – please join us in supporting this work.