Webinar: Representing System-involved Transgender Youth
Representing System-involved Transgender Youth: Gender Affirming Care, Name and Gender Marker Changes and Tips for Supportive Representation
“Representing System-Involved Transgender Youth” will provide Massachusetts attorneys and advocates guidance on supporting transgender youth in the child welfare system, including:
- Tips for representing transgender youth
- A review of the new gender-affirming care policy released by the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families this fall
- Information on supporting transgender youth with name and gender marker changes
- Catherine Cappelli, Principal and founder of Cappelli Law LLC
- Connor M. Barusch, Criminal Defense Training Attorney/Trial Attorney, Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Patience Crozier, Senior Staff Attorney, GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders
Presented by GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) and the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association. Automatic closed captioning provided.
Missed part one of this event series? Skip down to find recorded highlights and resources.
Sign up to attend the free virtual event:
If you have questions, please contact Qwin Mbabazi at email@example.com.
Missed the first webinar? Here’s what you need to know.
The first virtual conversation on November 15, 2021 detailed the essentials of gender-affirming care and how to support system-involved transgender young people. Watch a highlight featuring Dr. Mandy Coles, MD, MPH, Child and Adolescent Transgender Center for Health at Boston Medical Center.
Check our webpage for resources mentioned in the recording and to find future videos from this series.