Skip Header to Content
GLAD Logo GLAD Logo Skip Primary Navigation to Content

Legacy Society

As you review your estate planning needs, you can leave a lasting legacy by making a bequest to GLAD through your will, through a charitable gift annuity, by establishing a charitable remainder trust or simply designating GLAD as the beneficiary of your IRA or life insurance policy.

Hear from these Legacy Society members on why they’ve committed to leave their legacy to GLAD and ensure a future a bright future LGBTQ+ people everywhere.


Put GLAD in Your Will

You can provide for GLAD in your will, in a trust funded at the time of your death, or by naming GLAD as the beneficiary of your IRA or life insurance policy. Doing so may reduce the tax owed on your estate. You may:

  • Designate a specific dollar amount
  • Designate a percentage of your estate
  • Designate your residuary estate remaining after all specific bequests
  • Bequeath through a charitable remainder trust
  • Bequeath through a charitable lead trust

Using Annuities & Trusts to Benefit GLAD

Charitable Remainder Trust
A charitable remainder trust allows you to transfer assets, which will be managed by a trustee, and from those assets to provide periodic payments of income to you or some other beneficiary of your choice.
Minimum gift: $50,000

Charitable Lead Trust
Charitable lead trusts are the “reverse” of the charitable remainder trusts and may be particularly desirable in large estates to provide estate tax savings and benefit your heirs after providing payments to GLAD for a specified term of years.
Minimum gift: $50,000

Charitable Gift Annuity
You can make a contribution to GLAD and provide a fixed annual income for life for yourself or someone else whom you designate. The rate you receive is based on your age, currently ranging from 5.9% for age 55 to 11% for age 90 and older.
Minimum gift: $25,000

Suggested Bequest Language
Download sample bequest language for the following:

  • Bequest of a specific dollar amount
  • Bequest of a percentage of estate
  • Bequest of a residuary estate
  • Bequest via a charitable remainder trust
  • Bequest to a charitable lead trust

For sample purposes only. Please consult an estate planning professional.

If you would like to talk about planned giving, please contact or 617.426.1350.