September 28, 2021
On January 1, 2022, the Connecticut Parentage Act goes into effect. This critical update to the state’s parentage law recognizes and protects LGBTQ+ families across Connecticut.
If you missed the webinar for families and intended parents on September 23, watch the discussion below to get the information you need before the law takes effect!
- Patience Crozier, Senior Staff Attorney, GLAD
- Douglas NeJaime, Professor of Law, Yale Law School
- Malina Simard-Halm, Yale Law Student and Board Member of Family Equality and COLAGE
This event was co-sponsored by GLAD and Yale Law School.
- Connecticut Parentage Act
- Connecticut Parentage Act FAQ
- The Connecticut Parentage Act: What You Need to Know Before January 1, 2021
- FAQ: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Parentage in Connecticut
- Text of the Connecticut Parentage Act
- GLAD Answers Legal Infoline and Resource