November 23, 2020
The holiday season can be a tough time for many of us, but this year presents some additional challenges. Some of us are unable to spend time with loved ones because of pandemic restrictions, while others are facing difficult isolation with unsupportive family members.
PFLAG has some helpful tips for spending the holidays with family, and the Trevor Project has some self-care recommendations. If you’re in need of some community connection and affirmation this season, visit MTPC’s community calendar to learn about virtual gatherings in the LGBTQ community.
It may not be easy, but you are not alone. Our challenges are significant, but our community is resilient and we will get through this together.
If you are struggling this season, or looking to support those in your life and in the community who are, please utilize the resources below.
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386, chat online, or text message
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- SAGE National LGBT Elder Hotline: 877-360-LGBT (5428)
- Rape Abuse and Incest National Network Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or chat online
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or chat online
We wish you and your loved ones a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season.