Daunte Wright Should Be Alive Today
We share in the anguish and anger over the death this week of another Black man – a son, father, brother, friend, and partner – at the hands of a white police officer. Our hearts are with Daunte Wright’s family and the community in Minneapolis, and with every Black family across the country who are already exhausted, furious, and heartbroken living through the trial of Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd just one year ago.
Daunte Wright’s death during a traffic stop should not have happened. This incident, like far too many others, highlights the embedded anti-Black racism that persists in our institutions and impacts all of us. And it demonstrates – once again – the urgent need to reenvision and rework our system of policing and public safety, so that it is focused on safety for all and not inherently deadly to some.
- How to support Daunte Wright’s family and community
- How To Demand Justice For Daunte Wright
- Donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund
- Support Brooklyn Center Mutual Aid
- Color of Change’s Enough is Enough Petition
- Know Your Rights for Protestors
- GLAD’s Racial Justice Resources
- Resource Guide: Prisons, Policing, and Punishment
- Follow @BlackVisionsMN, @reclaimtheblock, @ACLUMN, @Mvmnt4BlkLives, @Blklivesmatter, @ColorOfChange, @NAACP, and @NAACP_LDF.