15 Steps Towards Justice in 2015
As the year comes to a close, here are 15 things your support helped GLAD take on in 2015 (plus a bonus for the New Year!) :
- Love Wins! Marriage equality from Massachusetts to the entire U.S.
- A first-of-its-kind ruling: Religiously-affiliated employers don’t get a free pass to discriminate
- The first constitutional challenge to the discriminatory transgender exclusion in the Americans with Disabilities Act
- A class action lawsuit against Walmart
- Clean needles save lives
- Ending discriminatory transgender health care exclusions
- Educating middle schools about the importance of GSAs for LGBTQ students
- A modernized process for gender marker changes on birth certificates in Connecticut and Massachusetts
- Ensuring fair and respectful treatment of LGBTQ youth in state care
- The first lawsuit in the country challenging discrimination against a person on PrEP
- Distributing over 2,000 “Know Your Rights” Transgender Shelter Access Cards
- Working in coalition for explicit gender identity projections in public accommodations
- Advocating for sound and compassionate health care for people with HIV
- Contributing to first-in-the-country statewide recommendations on LGBT Aging
- Assisting over 2,000 callers through our GLAD Answers legal information and referral line
- Ensuring the law honors all kinds of families
And that’s only the beginning.
Thank you for all you do to make this work possible. Your support is helping to build a future of true justice for everyone in the LGBTQ family.
Happy New Year – and Onwards Towards Justice!