Join GLAD’s Board of Directors
GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization governed by an all-volunteer board of directors. The board has primary governance and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization.
The board is seeking talented, committed new members from a range of backgrounds.
The board conducts a thorough, thoughtful process for prospective members on a rolling basis to ensure we are working to meet the goals of our aspirational board profile.
The GLAD Board of Directors follows a strategic process for onboarding and developing new board members to ensure we provide leadership opportunities to anyone interested in furthering their involvement with GLAD.
We value new talent, equitable practices, and diverse perspectives.
GLAD’s by-laws state that the board can have up to 25 directors at one time. Each Board member can serve up to 5 consecutive two-year terms for a maximum total of 10 consecutive years on the Board.
Board Core Commitments
- Attend and engage at board meetings (7-10 annually)
- Contribute to committee work (each board member serves on at least one standing committee: Development, Board Affairs, Finance & Audit)
- Support GLAD financially with a meaningful annual gift and help GLAD raise money from your network as appropriate.
- Attend events (virtual and in-person) when possible in support of GLAD, including other organizations’ events.
- Serve as a GLAD ambassador by sharing news, updates, and events with your network.
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Directors, please tell us more about yourself!
After you submit the form below, someone from the Board Affairs Committee will be in touch. Please know that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for follow up. Given our thorough, individualized process, each person is reviewed personally. Thank you for your understanding and for your interest in GLAD! We are very excited to hear from you.