Youth Organizations | Rhode Island
- LGBTQ Action RI is advocacy organization dedicated to securing equality and justice for LGBTQ Rhode Islanders.
- PFLAG Greater Providence provides support, education and advocacy for parents, families, friends and allies of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people across Rhode Island, Southeastern Massachusetts and Eastern Connecticut.
- Providence Youth Student Movement (PrYSM) empowers LGBTQ and heterosexual Southeast Asian youth allies with leadership development and mentorship so that they can organize community events that bring diverse communities together, foster coalition building, and address the intersection of oppressions.
- Rhode Island for Community and Justice is a social justice nonprofit dedicated to fighting bias, bigotry, and racism and promoting understanding among all races, religions, and cultures through advocacy, conflict resolution, and education.
- Rhode Island LGBTQ Center provides a visible, safe, inclusive, welcoming shared place for the RI LGBTQ community.
- TGI Network of Rhode Island serves the needs of the transgender, gender diverse, and intersex (TGI) communities in Rhode Island and surrounding areas through support, advocacy, and education.
- Young Voices transforms urban youth into powerful advocates, who partner with our State’s major leaders to create systemic reform and policy change that improve the lives of thousands of youth across the state
- Youth In Action (YIA) is where youth share their stories, practice leadership, and create change in their communities.
- Youth Pride, Inc. supports, educates, organizes and advocates for LGBTQ youth and their allies.
LGBTQ+ Advocates and Supporters Urge Rhode Island to Reject Harmful LegislationRead More
In an open letter shared with State House leadership today, Rhode Island LGBTQ+ advocates and supporters urged legislators…
Let All Students Play School Sports in Rhode IslandRead More
On March 1, 2022, Senators Morgan and Lombardo introduced a bill, S 2501, that would ban transgender girls…
LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sex Education in Rhode Island SchoolsRead More
On February 2, 2022, Senior Staff Attorney Patience Crozier submitted testimony in support of H.7166. This bill would…