Youth Organizations | National
- Advocates for Youth partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights to bodily autonomy and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to secure sexual health and equity for all youth.
- Bisexual Resource Center works to connect the bi+ community and help its members thrive through resources, support, and celebration.
- Athlete Ally educates athletic communities at all levels — sport governing bodies, teams, and individual athletes — to understand obstacles to inclusion for LGBTQ people in sports and how they can build inclusive communities on their teams or within their organizations.
- GLSEN (Gay Lesbian, Straight Education Network) ensures that every member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- GSA Network is a next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains queer, trans and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer schools and healthier communities.
- History Unerased encourages confidence in delivering LGBT and other erased histories through the mentoring and support of educators — by educators.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) envisions a world where every member of the LGBTQ+ family has the freedom to live their truth without fear, and with equality under the law.
- It Gets Better Project uplifts, empowers, and connects lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) youth around the globe.
- LGBT National Helpline provides vital peer support, community connections, and resource information. Their services focus on sexual orientation and/or gender identity and expression.
- PFLAG is the first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and their families.
- Queer Youth Assemble is a queer youth-led nonprofit serving queer youth under 25 in the US
- Safe Schools for All is a coalition of LGBTQ+ supporting organizations that shares information on how rights of LGBTQ+ students in schools.
- The Trevor Project’s mission is to end suicide among LGBTQ young people.
- Trans Athlete is a resource for students, athletes, coaches, and administrators to find information about trans inclusion in athletics at various levels of play.
- Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community support and resources they need to survive and thrive.
Our Fight for LGBTQ+ YouthRead More
LGBTQ+ youth should have the support and freedom they need to be themselves and thrive as part of their communities.
Defending LGBTQ+ Inclusion and the Freedom to Learn in Our Public SchoolsRead More
Every young person, including LGBTQ+ youth, deserves to learn, grow, and thrive in a safe school environment.
Title IX Ensures Inclusion for Transgender Youth In School and on the FieldRead More
All students deserve an equal education and to participate fully in school life, including the opportunity to play on school sports teams.