Youth Organizations | Maine
- EqualityMaine is the oldest and largest statewide organization dedicated to creating a fair and just society for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Mainers.
- Hallowell Pride Alliance celebrates Hallowell and its LGBTQ+ community by offering education, outreach, advocacy and celebration in and around Hallowell.
- MaineTransNet provides support and resources for the transgender community, families, and significant others, and raises awareness about the varied forms of gender identity and expression by providing training and consultation for mental health and social service professionals.
- Maine Youth Action Newtork (MYAN) is a statewide network of committed adults and passionate young people who believe in the transformative power of youth leadership.
- OUT Maine creates more welcoming and affirming communities for LGBTQ+ youth in all of their intersectional identities.
- Outright Lewiston/Auburn aims to create safe environments for Maine’s LGBTQ+ community between the ages of 12 and 21.
- PFLAG is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
- Portland Outright is a youth-driven program that offers support and services to LGBTQQ+ and Allied young people in the greater Portland, Maine area.
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation based in Maine TYEF serves all of New England, providing education, advocacy and support for transgender and gender non-conforming children and youth and their families.
Rejecting Calls for Book BansRead More
The vast majority of book bans that are taking hold across the country specifically aim to remove books…
Civil Rights Advocates Demand School Leaders Stop Book BansRead More
The ACLU and GLAD are urging Maine’s public school leaders to protect students’ rights and inclusive learning environments.