Youth Organizations | Connecticut
- GLSEN Connecticut works to ensure safe schools for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- New Haven Pride Center is one of the leading LGBTQ+ nonprofit agencies in Connecticut and the only organization focused on LGBTQ+ representation in the arts.
- OutCT is dedicated to building a community through educational, cultural and social programming that promotes acceptance, tolerance and understanding of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- PFLAG is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
- Q Plus works to create more youth accessible spaces, uplift youth voices, and empower queer youth.
- Queer Unity Empowerment Support Team (QUEST) is a community-based collaborative formed to create healthy, inclusive and safe spaces for members of the LGBT+ community, and their allies, in the Greater Waterbury area, fostering meaningful relationships, learning and joy.
- Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County’s leading provider of programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the LGBTQ community.
Making Change Outside the CourtsRead More
GLAD uses a combination of powerful legal, policy, and advocacy tools to advance racial, economic, and LGBTQ+ justice.
Soule et al v CT Association of Schools et alRead More
On October 14, 2021, GLAD filed a friend-of-the-court (amicus) brief along with the National Center for Transgender Equality…
Transgender Girls and School Sports: What Does the Office of Civil Rights Letter Mean?Read More
For nearly 50 years, Title IX has served as a bedrock for establishing fair and equal educational opportunities. Any move to wield Title IX as a weapon against transgender high school girls erodes the significance of this landmark civil rights law.