GLAD’s Justice for All Campaign
We are at a fork in the road. The seismic shift of the Supreme Court to the right has created an environment of extreme uncertainty, and none of our rights seem safe.
We find ourselves in an existential struggle between two different world views vying to shape our future: One in which democracy and the rule of law serve only a few; and one where the law is a bulwark protecting all our human rights and self-determination, and where respect and dignity are extended to all of us.
It is no surprise that some are left questioning whether the courts and legislatures – the arenas of many of our greatest victories – can still serve the interests of the LGBTQ+ community. We believe they can and, more importantly, they must.
GLAD is not shying away from the challenges before us.
Our new strategy embraces our power as a legal organization committed to bettering our lives through changing our laws. When it comes to LGBTQ+ rights, the law still matters for the better, and justice truly is for all.
The Justice for All Campaign is projected to raise $1.85 million dollars of new and additional support.
GLAD’s Justice for All campaign will strengthen GLAD’s position as a leader in the movement, in New England and nationally. Through the funds raised, we will:
- GLAD will deepen our national impact and defend our community wherever we are needed most. We will invest $1.51m over the next 3-4 years to:
- Defend LGBTQ rights at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Expand GLAD’s leadership on family and parentage protections nationally.
- Grow GLAD’s legal team and build the next generation of legal leadership.
- Attract and retain the talent we need to sustain our mission by increasing compensation.
- GLAD will strengthen our workplace to sustain our impact for the next generation. We will invest $340k over the next 3-4 years to:
- Build a cloud-based workplace to optimize remote work.
- Strengthen GLAD’s leadership as an intergenerational, equitable, and antiracist workplace.
For 45 years, GLAD has won landmark victories to promote justice and secure essential rights. We secured protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act to people living with HIV. We won marriage equality for same-sex couples — first in Massachusetts and finally before the U.S. Supreme Court. We halted Trump’s ban on transgender military service members. In cases all over the country, our allies seek the advice and guidance of GLAD’s seasoned, pioneering legal team, to build upon our groundbreaking victories nationwide.
We are both advocates and defenders of LGBTQ+ rights. Even as we strive toward new milestones, we are ready to stand guard and protect the gains we’ve already made.
As a leader in the LGBTQ+ rights movement in this nation, our progress depends on you. Your support for Justice for All is not simply a donation to our organization; it’s an investment in our pursuit of an America we all want to live in.
To contribute and learn more, please contact Director of Development, Carole Allen-Scannell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-778-6964.