Justice Across Generations: A Celebration of 4+ Decades of Transgender Rights Advocacy
The movement for transgender equality has made incredible advances over the past 40 years (and beyond), opening doors, pushing against barriers, and persisting in the face of personal risk and political backlash. Now, as another round of vicious attacks on transgender rights spreads throughout the country, a new generation is rising up to meet the challenge and demand justice in resourceful and innovative ways.
This virtual roundtable will celebrate advocacy across generations and explore where we’ve been, where we are, and what’s next in the movement for transgender rights.
- Kylar Broadus, GLAD’s 2021 Spirit of Justice Honoree and founder of the Trans People of Color Coalition
- Grace Sterling-Stowell, Executive Director of BAGLY
- Tre’Andre Valentine, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- Julián Cancino, Director of the Gender and Sexuality Center at Brandeis University
- Lane, youth activist
- Leo Austin-Spooner, Co-Chair of BAGLY’s Youth Leadership Committee
Moderated by Jennifer Levi, GLAD Transgender Rights Project Director.
ASL and captioning available.
Register to join the event!
If you have questions, please contact Caitlin Walsh at email@example.com.