Massachusetts Law Seminar: Representing Transgender Clients in Family Law
Monday, May 2, 2011
4:00 pm · 6:00 pm
Boston Bar Association
16 Beacon St
Boston, MA 02108
Get Directions »
Co-sponsored by GLAD and the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
This seminar will serve as a resource and training for Massachusetts family law attorneys for representing transgender clients.
The presenters will cover several substantive family law topics and provide resources and specific guidance for representing transgender clients in Massachusetts, including:
- Introduction to representing a transgender client
- Guide to legal name changes in Massachusetts probate court
- Guide to obtaining a legal change of sex in Massachusetts, including changing a client's gender marker on identification documents
- Divorce and support/division of property factors as applied to transgender clients
- Judicial perspective on family law cases involving transgender litigants
Please note that this seminar is intended for attorneys and law students, and space is limited. If you are interested in attending, please register below and list your law school or firm in the "comment" field. Thank you.