From the Executive Director
It is my great privilege to welcome you into the heart of GLAD’s community, where we gather around the enduring values inscribed in our Constitution, and work to make the country a better place for all.
GLAD’s website contains elements of everything our community needs now more than ever: information, inspiration, analysis, and ways to engage in the fight.
- Read our strategic vision, Justice 2020, to see how we are prioritizing racial and economic justice, state-based advocacy, and access to justice in the coming period.
- Learn from our history. For nearly four decades, GLAD has charted smart strategies in the face of opposition – and we are ready to do more.
- Examine the cases currently on our docket to find out how we are working to expand equal justice under law right now.
- Check out one or many of the dozens of publications available to inform you of your rights and empower you to claim them.
- See how you can join us at an upcoming event or engage in other ways to become involved in GLAD’s work.
From employment protections to marriage equality and more, GLAD has achieved what so many at the time considered to be pipe dreams. And still, we imagine:
- a world where LGBTQ youth can grow up fully affirmed by their families, guardians, teachers and peers, and elders need not go back into the closet to age with dignity;
- a world where same-sex parents no longer have to adopt their own children but are considered legal parents from the moment of birth;
- a world where transgender individuals can be who they are without fear of discrimination or violence; and
- a world where people living with HIV are thriving, and new infections are a relic of the past.
In other words, a world where we are not just tolerated, but celebrated.
When times are good and especially when times are hard, our strength is in each other. With your continued support and investment, together we will lead the way beyond equality and toward equal justice under law.