40th Annual Summer Party: COVID-19 Safety Precautions
We are thrilled to announce that we are currently planning for GLAD’s 40th Annual Summer Party to be back in-person this year on Saturday, July 24th at the Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum!
The safety and well-being of our supporters is paramount. We are monitoring the course of the pandemic and the rollout of the vaccinations closely, and will follow all state and local public health guidance. We are taking many precautions to ensure that our Summer Party is not only safe but a fun experience for all. Here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our event attendees this year:
- Outdoor venue: As in years past, Summer Party is an outdoor event hosted by our wonderful partners at the Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum. We’ve been working closely with them to ensure that we are able to expand the area of the celebration to ensure safe social distancing.
- Safety in numbers: We will be capping our registration numbers at the maximum amount allowable in compliance with the state mandated regulations. As a result, we most likely will not be selling tickets at the door, and advanced registration will be required.
- Mask up!: Masks will be required to ensure the safety of our guests. Staff and volunteers will be monitoring attendees and checking that masks are being worn properly. We will also be offering our very own GLAD-branded face masks as people enter.
- Sanitation is key: We will also be providing guests mini bottles of hand sanitizer provided by our partners at Tito’s Handmade Vodka. There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue. Surfaces will be regularly sanitized throughout the event as well.
- Hands-free check in process: Nametags will be printed on stickers upon check-in that they can retrieve themselves from our printers to reduce handling.
- Virtual silent auction: If you attended our virtual Summer Party last year, you may recall our fabulous silent auction website which we are reusing once again this year. Instead of the usual placing of bids on clipboards with pen and paper, attendees will be able to browse items and place bids right from their smartphone. We’re making this new platform accessible for everyone and will have volunteers nearby to assist anyone that needs help or does not have a smart device on which to bid. This also means that those who are unable to attend the event will be able to participate in the auction remotely!
- Food and beverages: Our light summer fare will still be provided but will be displayed differently this year. Our food station will feature prepackaged items for folks to grab and take with them. Passed hors d’oeuvres will be covered with jars for folks to help themselves. Premixed cocktails, mocktails and soft drinks will be individually bottled as well.
- Change of plans: In the event that we are unable to come together in-person, we will let you know about virtual ways to celebrate and support GLAD’s work from the comfort and safety of your home.
We’re counting on our attendees to help us make this year’s Summer Party a safe experience for anyone who attends. If you have any questions about the precautions we’re taking this year, please contact Chris Rainville, GLAD’s Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events, at email@example.com.
Many thanks for all that you do for GLAD, and making our fight for LGBTQ equality possible.