White LGBTQ People and Dismantling White Supremacy
Work for LGBTQ+ equality is inextricably linked to work for racial justice, and it is critical for white LGBTQ+ people to be engaged in anti-racist work.
On June 9, white people working in the LGBTQ+ movement, in partnership with the LGBTQ #BlackLivesMatter Town Hall hosted by Equality Florida, held a live conversation focusing on the responsibility and opportunities white people have to challenge systemic racism and white supremacy and to hold systems of power accountable.
- Shannon Minter, He/him, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Rea Carey, she/they, National LGBTQ Task Force
- Mary Bonauto, she/her GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
- Monica Meyer, she or any, OutFront Minnesota
- Ian Palmquist, he/him, Equality Federation
This event was co-hosted by GLAD, GLSEN, National Center for Lesbian Rights, National LGBTQ Task Force, OutFront Minnesota, and Equality Federation.