- Does your anti-bullying policy enumerate categories including gender identity and sexual orientation?
- Is the procedure for reporting bullying clear to students?
- Every New England state has an anti-bullying law. Find information about your state’s law here.
- Do school administrators provide leadership on how to address anti-LGBTQ bullying, such as telling teachers how to respond to comments like “That’s so gay” or anti-LGBTQ slurs?
- All school employees should report bullying if they see it or know it is happening.
- If you are not certain whether something is bullying, keep in mind that if it is mean, you should intervene.
- Does your school respond effectively to reports of bullying behavior?
- Do you have a plan in place for addressing off-campus conduct that interferes with a student’s education, including cyberbullying?