Schools have an obligation to keep students safe
- Every New England state has an anti-bullying law. Find information about your state’s law here.
- Comments like “That’s so gay!” and anti-LGBTQ slurs are harassment. If it’s mean, teachers should intervene.
- Teachers and administrators should have a plan to address bullying, including cyberbullying.
- See the page on Bullying for suggestions for reporting bullying and getting help if your school does not respond.
- Don’t wait: contact us at GLAD Answers if you need help.