Work at GLAD
GLAD is at the cutting edge of the historic fight for full equality and justice. Through impact litigation, education and public policy work, GLAD's precedent-setting work has established anti-discrimination laws for transgender, gay, lesbian and bisexual people and protected the rights of those with HIV throughout New England.
GLAD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. GLAD is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from transgender persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV.
GLAD has a commitment to communication, diversity, team work, results orientation, and collaboration and has classified these as core values that are integral to fulfilling our mission. The core values apply to all levels and positions in the organization. Each employee is encouraged to find ways to integrate the core values in their day to day work.
- Communicates in a clear, concise manner, communicates effectively verbally and in writing as required; and learns through listening.
- Promotes diversity at GLAD through practice and example and seeks ways to foster diversity within the framework of the position.
- Works in a team dynamic demonstrating leadership, offers good "followship", offers insight, and shows flexibility in all areas.
- Creates results, meets deadlines, completes tasks in a timely manner, is dependable and accountable for his/her work and requests help for tasks as needed.
- Collaborates well across job lines, increases lines of communication and fosters cooperation among departments and outside organizations.
GLAD currently has no job openings. Please check back again.
Interns are hired on an academic schedule — for the entire school year, an individual semester, or the summer. Summer internships are full time; academic year internships are part time (10-15 hrs/wk). All GLAD internships are unpaid.